Word Vomit: 24 and Unfiltered

Word Vomit: 24 and Unfiltered | Anne's Scribbles and Doodles
I never thought there'd come a day when I'd cringe at the thought of my age but not for the reason that most people would think. I'm a year older now, 24 to be exact. It feels surreal because so much has already happened and yet so much hasn't. I feel like I'm in an "in between" phase. I think I know what to do and yet I don't. But looking back, 24 years is quite a lot of time and boy I never imagined it to be such a roller coaster.

So today, I decided to spit out some word vomit. Don't worry I'm not going down the Cady Heron/Regina George highway. Think about this as a more personal and casual post. A friend talking to a friend. Something a little more easygoing and unfiltered unlike my fictional, poetic and well-curated posts. This is more of me and my thoughts spilling. Just spilling.

ONE I wish I got a text from my dad wishing me a happy birthday. You know, with a cake emoji. Perhaps even a throwback photo posted on social media that'll drive me insane because it's a silly childhood snap of me and my crush double tapped on it. I never got one of those because he got sick and never had the chance to own these things we call smartphones. He left for heaven early and I still constantly miss him. Treasure your parents you guys. *Crap. Pass me some tissues.*

TWO Home is not a place. It's a feeling, a person and in some occasions both.

THREE If portkeys were real, I'd go to London stat. There's something about the city that charms me. Blame Harry Potter I guess? Besides, the people's accent is music to my ears. (PS: Check out this Harry Potter themed cafe in Manila.)

FOUR I didn't realize that I share my birthday with one of my idols in the creative world. (At pareho pa kaming Promil Kid.) Happy candle cakes too Shaira Luna!

FIVE Post operation, I'm on a no workout diet as per doctor's orders. I seriously want to try boxing and learn how to punch. Like REALLY punch. There's yoga too! I just hope that when I get the go signal by next year, the drive to actually exercise my ass off is still burning. 

SIX They say that your life flashes before your eyes when you're in the brink of death. It didn't flash. That's how I knew I'd survive and recover from the hell I had to go through. Really, I've had enough of hospitals to last me a lifetime. 

SEVEN Knowing that Hermione Granger is a September baby and is likewise a Virgo makes me feel awesome. But why does she have to be born a day before I did? We could've shared the same birthday and throw parties together! We'd even host a trivia night. S.P.E.W. advocates get an extra mug of butterbeer.

EIGHT Friendships are sacred. It's easy to find people to have fun with. But souls who are willing to love you, the broken and shattered you with all the damaged pieces that are so sharp they'd scratch anyone who dare come near, they're miracles in their own right. I'm thankful I found my miracles.

NINE Caramel sundaes and donuts are bae.

TEN October is going to be lit. Welcome to the jungle that is Manila, kindergarten besties! Let's throw some shindig like the geeks that we are. But first, I need to do some major recon. We're all newbies in this city after all. Or we can get lost and just scream yolo?

ELEVEN Friendship breakups are awful and equally heartbreaking. But no matter how bad things ended, you have to acknowledge that there were good times. Just be the better person and don't pull out the knife stuck on your back to stab others too. Some people come to your life to leave you. They teach you a lesson by virtue of tears and heartache and trust me it's all going to make sense someday.

TWELVE If the view is awful, you need to know how to shift your gears and change your perspective. 

THIRTEEN In most days, I suck at being a girl. My messy buns look awfully horrid. Heels are like onions to me. Eyeliner is tricky and eye shadow feels like calculus. I think I need intervention.

FOURTEEN How do you feel about a new blog series? I've been collecting these one-paragraph stories in my hard drive for months. I'm conflicted though since I want to save them for my future book. Any interested publishers? Hihi.

FIFTEEN There's no such thing as perfect but my mom comes close. There's my cool grandma too and my sister who'll forever be my "baby" no matter how grey our hair becomes.

SIXTEEN Can someone please feed me ramen and sushi? 

SEVENTEEN Why are people so afraid of deep conversations? Sure, small talk is fun for a while but it gets boring. Tell me about your dreams. What are the biggest "what ifs" that keep you up at night? How about your fears? What are your life tragedies? If you'd have a superpower, what would it be? I want to dig deeper. I want to see and touch your soul.

EIGHTEEN I have to stop crying over the simplest things. "Train to Busan" for one messed with my feelings. Thank heavens for waterproof mascara.

NINETEEN My hands are itching for some DIY action. Is anyone planning a party? I volunteer as tribute! Organizing events is my jam. (Case in point, this DIY Alice in Wonderland themed shindig!)

TWENTY I miss thrift shopping so bad. Where's the best "ukay-ukay" place in Manila?

TWENTY-ONE At the end of the day I guess I'm still an old school hopeless romantic who wants to end up like her mom who married her first and true love. And had it not been for sickness they would have lived and loved until their hair turned gray. They embody that quintessential thing people call forever. #MayForever

TWENTY-TWO If I had a dollar for every time someone asks me about my "love life" or "boyfriend", I'd have enough to buy myself a ticket to Japan and actually find "the one" while on transit. Hmmm. That sounds like a good plot eh? Magamit nga.

TWENTY-THREE "Bakit wala ka pang boyfriend?" Food is bae. My crushes are fictional characters. No one's tall enough. (Opo, higante ako.) Hindi po ako nagmamadali. Sa tamang panahon. Priorities. Single is cool naman. Isang tanong pa at sisingilin na kita sa interview na to. *Hi relatives!*

TWENTY-FOUR You're still here? Blimey, you deserve an award for reaching this far. I beg your pardon if my thoughts went haywire and all over the place. I think I even went bipolar in there as well. I did warn you, didn't I? Anyway, I'll stop my blabber and leave you be. Till then, have an awesome week!

(Image by Emma Darvick via Giphy)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...