Father's Day Ideas: Cute Recipes


My parents are spoiled. Yes, you heard that right. A friend of mine once pointed that out to me after she discovered that I've always been doing stuff for my parents during their birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions like mother's and father's days. But, so what? I like spoiling them. In fact, it has been a tradition I vow never to break.

This year proved to be a terrible challenge. My sister and I have been doing this so called "tradition" for more than a decade now and I must say I think I'm running out of ideas. My bag of tricks isn't as full anymore. *sob* Luckily, here comes the internet to the rescue! Woohoo!

For the past days, I've been searching for some new tricks. I've already done surprise breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Cards and all other forms of notes have been used up. I've even already made a short film! What else is there to do?

Food. What? Yes, food. I've cooked for my dad a lot. True but he's a food geek. He never runs out of dishes he wants to try. In fact, sometimes he ends up arguing with my mom 'coz she isn't happy with his not-so-healthy food choices. LOL. (I love you Pa!) So I decided to look for unique recipes or rather fancy ones. Now behold my awesome finds:


First on my list are these cinnamon flapjacks from www.tasteofhome.com. Come to think of it, I've never made pancakes for my dad. He loves rice for breakfast over any other form of carbohydrates so I've always gone with that. And if your not a kitchen person, this is something you can absolutely try. This recipe is so easy that even kids can do it! You can make lots of shapes and figures with the batter. Go and spell out a short message or keep it simple with hearts.


Aren't these adorable? Dress up some crackers with this recipe from spoonful.com. You can wrap them up in small little boxes for your dad to bring to work. You can also alter this coat-and-tie look and go with something that fits your dad's occupation. Is he a doctor? Try something that looks like a lab gown. Draw in from your imagination.


Is your dad a basketball fanatic like mine? If so, these cake balls ala basketballs from blog.candiquik.com would be perfect! Put them in these containers or turn them into cake pops with lollipop sticks. Add in and wrap up a jersey of his favorite team and voila! You're good to go.


Don't be fooled! This meal may not be what you think it is. Mini burgers and fries? Nope. Cupcakes, brownies and cookies. This recipe from www.bakerella.com is one of my favorite finds. My dad is a sucker for burgers and fries. Imagine his reaction if he realizes these are baked goodies instead! 


My dad and I have opposite tastes when it comes to television shows. He opts for the action-filled slash superhero slash gun-carrying slash sword-fighting movies and shows. He doesn't even like horror. I'm more of the drama slash hopeless-romantic slash comedy slash suspense-thriller slash mystery ones. So obviously, the remote control can be an issue. But hey, it's father's day. Why not give him this adorable remote control cookie from www.somewhatsimple.com? He'll definitely love this. Just make sure that the span of ownership was made clear. "It's just for father's day Dad. Not forever." Haha. :)

So what are you waiting for? Prepare your list and let's go grocery shopping!

For a list of fun father's day crafts, click here!

(Photos by www.tasteofhome.com, spoonful.com, blog.candiquik.com, www.bakerella.com and www.somewhatsimple.com)

6 comments:

Crystal said...

These are such cute recipe ideas!!! :)

Hope you're having a Fierce & Fabulous Sunday!

xoxo

Crystal

My Blog, Crystal Chizoba

My YouTube Channel

Mermaid Hair Fantasy said...

These are super cute ideas!!

Thanks for sharing!!

<3 - Elle. | MERMAID HAIR FANTASY

Anne said...

thanks Crystal. Now, I'm having a hard time choosing which recipe to do. lol. :)

Anne said...

You're welcome. Thanks Elle!

Brewed Together said...

These recipes are all so cute! We might have to look into some of these this weekend. Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

Anne said...

you're welcome. :)

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...