Anne's Scribbles and Doodles


Hello. How have you been? Is anyone still reading this? Do people still read blogs these days? I hope. Call me old school but I still love long-form content. There's something about it that just feels familiar and nostalgic, like an old treehouse you used to play in with your childhood friends.



I'm Anne by the way. I love storytelling and making things so I created this blog 10 years ago to marry the two. What I didn't expect though was that it would open me to experiences, jobs even, and an array of skills that I've come to realize I've been collecting. I made friends and took on brave choices. This blog was life-changing in it's own little (big) way.

I remember going to events and launches back then thinking "why me"? I was just a girl having fun with her blog and talking to fellow introverts online. Also, it's crazy looking back how when we attended the Shopee and Foodpanda launch years ago, everyone was skeptical about online shopping but look at us now! It's crazy how life can change in a decade. Yes, a decade.

Then life happened and this blog took a backseat. I didn't stop creating though since I've been making content, writing blogs, shooting and producing videos, developing branding and designing for work. For clients. For side hustles. For others. Also, social media became a thing and Youtube blew up! Like a lot.

Anne's Scribbles and Doodles Venn Diagram Digital Art

Between adulting (oh yeah she’s a millenial) and responsibilities, (personal) play had to pause. But it got me thinking, why stop going to the playground just because you’re a grown up now? So there I was, recovering from a burnout by playing around, and before I knew it... I’m relaunching this thing. Not (just) as a blog. But as my playground. Come along?


xoxo, A


PS. I'm itching to re-do this site's layout and pages since my design style's a bit different now. That'll take so much time and coding for sure (yay play) but also... this blog feels like an old scrapbook now and I kind of want to keep it that way. It's like younger me was here and I want to remember her by. Thoughts?

Update (July 18, 2023) - I caved in and tinkered a bit! Younger me really said "give me all the fonts and colors". It's not a super huge change but I'm swapping some fonts, colors, and icons around here to make it a bit more cohesive. Just playing around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...