Food for Thought: Out and Cold

There are days when my eyes begin to water and I have to constantly pinch my nose. Here we go again. The uninvited common cold rears its ugly head. I try to shoo it away with lots of aqua but alas, it comes even when unwelcomed.

Just like the common cold, there are points in our life that we just have to face and live through. No matter how we keep on running, they eventually catch up. It's okay to fail, to feel left out, to be abandoned, to be sad. We are after all emotional beings and without knowing how the lowest of lows can get, one can never really tell how exhilarating the highest of highs feel like.

One has to accept the bad times and learn from them. Instead of cursing your way through or throwing a pity party, you have to pick up the broken pieces. Stick them back up and who knows you might end up with a far better version of yourself. Sometimes we have to break in order to find a better us. Sometimes you have to leave out a few of the broken shards, let them go and start anew.

This year I lost a lot of people, physically and emotionally. It hurt, that's no doubt but then again I can't simply stay put and sulk. I had to pull a smile, straighten my shoulders and keep my chin high. I decided to write down the things that made me and those that broke me. I realized that even if those sad times crept up, there were also notable moments that pushed me afloat to cloud nine. Yes there were things I lost but with such loss, I found more. Everything happens for a reason after all. You can never walk through life always losing. If you look more carefully, you've picked up pieces. No matter how small or irrelevant they were at the moment, they actually matter. They are the missing pieces of the broken you. They eventually fill the void and the gap. They complete you.

So the next time that you feel an unwelcome visitor disturb the blissful moment that you are in, remember that it's not the end. It's just a phase and you will be surprised that you've made it through. It may seem unlikely at the moment but hey, we never know what the future holds right?

Now excuse me as I go and fetch another box of tissues. This cold is being a little too stubborn. At least my mom's got a stash of cutesy floral printed ones and my little sister's not minding my being too clingy at the moment. I'm a hugger, just so you guys know.

40 comments:

Mimi said...

Great post, love it.

Mimi

http://cleanmywardrobe.com/blogs/news

Anne said...

Thanks Mimi!

Antonella_7694 said...

What a great post! :)

xoxo
beautylove7694.blogspot.com
Antonella :)

Anne said...

Thanks Antonella!

Ivana Džidić said...

you describe so well what I have felt for the last few days...I had a lot of bad moments, but once I felt ok with that, once I felt I can deal with it, I realized that many wonderful things were happening to...and it is alright to feel strong as I do now...just as alright as it was to feel broken...as I felt....just things we need all to go trough...over and over again.

beautifully written! hope your cold goes away soon! http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

Anne said...

Thanks for this lovely comment Ivana! Good news: My colds are gone now.

Ivana Džidić said...

great news!

CompassionateLee said...

This is an insightful post filled with excellent counsel. Enjoy a wonderful weekend, Anne :)
www.lovecompassionatelee.com/

Anne said...

Thank you so much! Enjoy your weekend too.

Made in Mauve said...

Fantastic post!

Made in Mauve

Anne said...

Thank you! :)

Iris Pulga said...

Hi Anne,

I have my own little moment of sadness too. Life isn't easy, life isn't fair and each episode doesn't always come with a box of pizza in the end. Aminin ko, I am an emotional person but as they always say, "Her tears make her strong." so I would like to believe that I am strong :D

See you soon!

Anne said...

Great thoughts Mommy Iris! Thank you for this lovely insight. :)

Rea Alducente said...

Aww, Anne. Your emotions are definitely valid. I remember my father once said that as long as we live, we will always have bad days. But the good thing is there will always be many many good days so let's bank on them. I tend to get emotional too sometimes. :)

onlyvic said...

Because the more you curse or dwell into a negative situation, the worse it would feel for you. :)

Hoven Andre Encontro said...

Awesome post!

hannafrej said...

dis is beri lawm, i cannot swim. :D Kidding aside, reading your post made me remember a really meaningful quote;


"For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen: a gaseous nebula must collapse.

So collapse. Crumble. This is not your destruction.

This is your birth."

Janine Ella said...

I am a big fan gyud sa imong writing skills Anne! I used to write these types of content back in college especially kng sad sad ko or depressed. Mugawas man gyud gud ang emotions if strong kaayo imong feelings. Haha. Anyway, feel na feel kaayo nako ni kay mao sad gyud ni usually akong masuwat back then. Hehe

Adrenaline Romance said...

Sweetie and I have been through unhappy times before we became a couple. We call them as blessings in disguise. Scars do make us strong, and the most important thing are the lessons that those experiences have taught us. Cheers!

Flei Der Maus said...

Emotional (and health-related) disruptions are always cumbersome but as one of my favorite philosopher quipped, "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."

Anne said...

I agree! Optimism is key and so are happy days!

Anne said...

True!

Anne said...

Thanks!

Anne said...

Haha. Lawm ra kaayo?
I love that quote. Thank you!

Anne said...

Thanks Jan! Ana dyud mugawas lagi. :)

Anne said...

Indeed. Scars are not a sign of weakness. They are proof of your strength. :)

Anne said...

That is so true.

Christy Ocariza said...

Wow! I was moved! There is indeed a lesson in this post! :) Thanks Anne for sharing your thoughts. Keep it up!

Sarah Rizaga said...

Life isn't easy but these emotions makes us appreciate the happy moments in our lives. Love this post Anne <3

Emjae Fotos said...

wow this is so ocean deeeep!...heheh when go through these situations I usually do the basic, just count my blessing more than my burdens. Stay strong and healthy! :)

Mimi Gonzales said...

"There were things I lost but with such loss, I found more." Very well said and I could relate a lot! Especially right at this time, I'm having troubles here and there, I just don't let them faze me. :) I know we all can get through anything if we only have the faith that everything exists for a reason.


You really know how to connect towards your reader's emotions. :)

Thadz Engaling said...

I have a mantra when I'm down and that is "This too shall pass", and indeed everything does!

Anne said...

I'm glad to know you were Christy. Thanks too!

Anne said...

Thanks Sarah!

Anne said...

Ocean deep like the song? Haha. Thanks Emjae!

Anne said...

Thank you Mimi! Yes positive all the way!

Anne said...

It does!

Jeane Louise Mainit said...

i totally agree with this phrase: Just like the common cold, there are points in our life that we just have to face and live through :) All you need is COURAGE to pull through!

Channel Imperial said...

Yes, the cough and colds do give us the blues. It is part of life. I am glad that you are capable of coping with the ups and downs of life. It may not be easy but I'm pretty confident you can make it through Anne. Let's hug when we, okay? ^_^

Anne said...

HHHHUUUUUUUUGGGGGSSSSSSS! Thanks Chan! :)

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...