Stars {Thoughtful Thursday # 11}

You have to revel in the darkness to see the stars.
Funny how it seems that the weather can perfectly mirror how I feel. All this rain and chilly gusts of wind are blowing my hair and my spirits across the expanse of the universe, sending words from my head and my heart to my fingertips.

Where to now? I'm frightened of the dark, the uncertain, the ambiguity, the bullying, the sadness, the lies, the made up stories, the pain, the tears...

But as the old adage goes, everything happens for a reason. Believe me it does. We would be different persons now if things didn't happen as they did. Yes, even those trials and the excruciating pain have molded us. It's a matter of choice whether you want that darkness to eat you or to teach you. Will you succumb to it and fall into the abyss or will you use it to see the light?

Darkness is scary. It can send chills down your spine like a horror movie. But without darkness, one will never really see the light. Without the night, one cannot see the stars.

You see, pain teaches you how to endure it. You meet selfish people so you will know the importance of kindness and understanding. You will be told lies so you will know why truth is imperative. You lose so you will be graceful in defeat and persistent of improvement. You win so you can appreciate hard work and be grateful of people. For every failure there is a lesson to be learned, a point to improve on, a thought to ponder. For every success there are things to be grateful for, to be cherished, to be appreciated.

The darkness is after all not permanent but while it still surrounds you, don't fret. You have to revel in the darkness to see the stars. From there you'll find the magic of constellations and as you enjoy the twinkling lights, the golden hour will creep into you and the light will soon chase the darkness away.

Cheers to us light chasers.

14 comments:

Amanda Aquilina said...

I simply love this post and love the way you write!!

I'm new and working on my followers - visit my blog? Promise i'll follow back :)

Amanda x

THE MALTESER

Anne said...

Thank you Amanda! That's so sweet. :)

Kayla said...

I love your blog! its so unique

Anne said...

That really means a lot. Thank you Kayla. :)

Emma Costello said...

Just discovered your blog, it's so cute and unique!
Would you please check out my blog, and maybe follow it? Thank you so much :)

- Emma

Emma McIlroy said...

This is so true Anne. It isn't relevant to me that much at the moment, because things are going well at the moment, but that's only recently, things haven't always been great.
Indeed, cheers to us light chasers.

Anne said...

Thank you Emma!

Anne said...

Yes, cheers to us! Thank you Emma. I'm glad to know things are doing great. That only means Next to Normal went really well as it always has. :)

Nora said...

You should be a poet! Your writing style is so beautiful :)

thatgirlnora18.blogspot.com/

Anne said...

This comment really made my day. Thanks Nora!

Anne said...

Thank you so much!

Anne said...

I agree. Sometimes you have to experience the night to be able to appreciate the stars otherwise they often go unnoticed. Thanks Brittney!

The Signorina said...

Pretty nice blog you have here! Love the variety and passion for writing you have!

I work in London in a magazine publishing house and manage the below - have a peek when you have a minute!

http://thesignorina.com/

Anne said...

Thank you!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...