Stars and Constellations

I for one cannot contain my excitement for The Fault in Our Stars movie! I've read the book. It made me cry. It made me mad. It made me laugh. It made me fall in love. The timing could not even be more precise as I lost someone dear to me from cancer and the diagnosis came two weeks after I've read the novel. Maybe for some, watching this movie could be torture and if it is then so be it. I'm armed with boxes of tissues anyway. Wouldn't it be amazing to feel love at its utmost purity even within your numbered days?

Image via TFIOS
As is with a good book, fans often feel both anxious and excited for an on screen adaptation. True enough things could be a hit or miss. From my own opinion, I've only seen a handful of books to movies that hit the sweet spot while the others I just find blah. This business is indeed tricky and I give a salute to the movie industry for even attempting to do this challenging feat! This quote by Paulo Coelho could probably explain this common phenomenon: "The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader. That’s why we go to movies and say, Oh, the book is better."

Image via TFIOS
I would also like to point out how extremely talented John Green is. Pardon my redundancy but there are so many quotable quotes! At every turn of a page, there's a line that's waiting to provoke one's mind and heart. This book will keep you at the edge of your seat. For me though it got me jumping, kneeling, squatting and lying down flat on my back or face down sobbing. I have to thank John Green a lot and his talent too. Had it not been for this book, losing my dad to cancer would have felt harder, more confusing and more soul shattering. Let's just say that it gave me quite a number of insights and realizations one of which is that time well spent is time long enough for a good journey.

On a lighter note, my new friend Arianna got invited to the Little Infinites Screening last May 10 and she assured me of a movie tear jerker. The film has captured the magic that is The Fault in Our Stars. Tissues? Check! Friends? Check! Savings? Check! Now all I have to do is bring my butt to the cinema and score some tickets! Oh and yes some popcorn most definitely.

Before I say adios, allow me to leave you with one of my favorite lines... "Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless all living humans read the book." 

14 comments:

joua said...

The food looked delicoussss;ppp

- Joua, www.jouatotherescue.com

Jewel Clicks said...

YAY! I can't wait too! :)

www.jewelclicks.com

Anne said...

YAY indeed. Hi Jewel!

Anne said...

They really do. Thanks Joua! :)

Jasmine Gagarin said...

cute blog ate anne! whats this theme? hi! im visiting! haha

Anne said...

Thanks Jasmine! I can't remember the name na pero nakuha ko siya as a creative commons and free of restriction theme nung bago pa lang yung blog ko at pinag-eksperimentuhan ko pa. :) Google lang.

Janine Ella Anongos said...

Makagutom ang photos!

Anne said...

Hi Kyle! I miss you already. :)

Anne said...

Kaayo. Haha. Hi Janine!

Janine Ella Anongos said...

Haha. Hi Anne! I'm back!
Will you be there at The Outlets for Cebu In The Bag? :)

Anne said...

You bet I will! I've been anticipating it since a "pretty someone" told me she's holding a bazaar in Cebu. :) I'm going Saturday. You?

Brittney said...

I've heard good things about this movie. Although it seemed really sappy to me, apparently it was a really faithful and heart-warming adaptation from the book.


Brittney


anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

Anne said...

I haven't seen it yet since I promised my besties I'd watch with them this Thursday. I guess I'm a sucker for sappy movies and books. :)

Anne said...

Thank you Dhuha! :)

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...