Dinner Date with Camille Co {Manila Travel Diary 1}

Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Having some sort of OCD whatnot running through my body, I was never the type to go on random trips. I prefer to plan and organize everything to the dot but somehow this was an exception. When you get the chance to meet an idol and an inspiration you let go of all those worries and what ifs. You grab the opportunity and hug it tight. What made it even more special was the fact that the person you look up to invited and handpicked you personally. Travelling alone was not my cup of tea but that is a thing of the past. I welcome random life events with open arms now! I'm a braver soldier. Thanks Camille Co for instilling in me (and to many others) that confidence comes from within, that travelling is a way of living and that chasing your dreams and passion is always worth it.

Okay, so what was all that gushing all about? If you've read one of my very first posts (click for it here) then you would know that Camille is one of my all time favorite bloggers. If my numerous pins on Pinterest, my unending likes on her Instagram account and my never ending comments on her blog is not proof enough then I don't know what is. When she celebrated her blog anniversary she mentioned wanting to treat a select few of her most loyal readers to a little dinner. I must admit that it got me all excited but living in Cebu I didn't think I could attend and that I would get picked. One could just imagine the euphoria that hit me when I received "the invite". I was so hyped but then again I felt a little dismayed. How on earth would I get to fly from Cebu to Manila? FYI: the plane ticket prices sort of skyrocketed because it was Labor day weekend or the so called #Laboracay. Plus, where would I stay and how will I go around an unfamiliar city? Thankfully, God pulled a lot of strings for me and I have to thank my angels and miracles for making this trip possible. I love you all so much! So in short I got to fly to Manila and meet Camille Co! Now before all my blabbering gets severely long allow me to flood you with these photos!

Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
The event was held at the beautiful Early Bird Breakfast Club located in Century City Mall Makati. Camille asked us to come at 5:00 pm and here we are the so called early birds. (And for coming in earliest we all got special Vidal Sassoon products. Woohoo!) We also had this funny experience. There was a girl with her back facing us whose hair (bangs included), fashion sense and height was so similar to Camille's that we thought it was her! We kept pushing and urging each other to approach her but alas our mixed up anxiety and nerves were getting the better of us. When she finally stood up we realized she was somebody else. Doppelganger alert! We just got pranked! LOL.

Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Would you look at that! The Early Bird Breakfast Club had the most lovely interiors. You know me very well. Apart from the good food, I go for ambiance and creative interior designs when it comes to restaurants and food hubs. 

Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Meet my table-mates! We're all smiles from ear to ear. Who could blame us? Oh right and those cutesy pink bags are gifts and goodies from Camille and her generous sponsors: Goody, Melissa, Rabeanco, ZAMajolica Majorca, SM Accessories, Olay and Vidal Sassoon. Indeed we were all pampered princesses! So what were fed to our food babies you may ask? A sumptuous three course meal!

Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Apart from meeting Camille, I also got to earn new friends! Yay!

Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Here's Camille engaging each of us in friendly chitchats. Talking to her was like talking to a friend. I was originally anxious to talk to her but she was too friendly and approachable we all can't help but smile, giggle and be our talkative selves. We even had some sort of "pang-iintriga" moments. Good job with the "Boy Abunda" moves Kay!

Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
After singing Camille a happy birthday song, it was time to make the big reveal and announcement.

Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
With this photo, I bet you all have a very good idea and a pretty accurate guess as to what Camille announced that night. Are you excited? I am!

Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
It was time for the games and prizes! Camille awarded the early birds *ahem* and had a mini trivia game. The prizes were care of Vidal Sassoon, Olay, SM Accessories and Melissa. I must say everyone is a certified member of Team Camille. You should have seen the swarm of arms raised up in the air in unison every time Camille finishes her question.

Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Thanks to Janine's brilliant idea, we all had our goody bags autographed. *happy dance* I am keeping this forever! I know... fan girl problems. Sigh.

Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Of course, a selfie is necessary. Please ignore my eye bags. I've been awake for almost 48 hours. I flew in from Cebu at 4:00 am on the same day. You see when you get the chance to meet an inspiration and with loads of people helping you out, you just have to make the most out of every second and I didn't care if I was sleep deprived at the time. But seriously, eye bags you can pretty much go away now...

Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
A selfie is also compulsory with my new found friends!

Camille Co Birthday | Early Bird Breakfast Club
Overall meeting Camille Co and my new friends was a blast! It is truly an experience of a lifetime. I will have this memory engraved in my heart and mind forever. Now I have all the more reasons to come back to Manila! If you want to see more photos of this event simply head on over to Instagram and Twitter and search for the hashtag #dinnerdatewithcamilleco

The Early Bird Breakfast Club is located at Unit L124 G/F, Century City Mall, Century City, Kalayaan Avenue, Barangay Poblacion, Makati City. They also have another branch at The Fort, BGC. They open from 7:00 am - 10:00 pm from Sundays to Thursdays and for 24 hours for Fridays and Saturdays. You can call them at (02) 808 9269 and (0917) 859 4950 or through email (info@earlybirdbreakfastclub.com) or their Facebook Page.

[Special photo credits to Janine Co, Arianna Tan and Kyle Rodriguez for lending me their photos. Do check their blogs out!]

49 comments:

Daniella said...

Awesome!!!

xx

daniella

simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

Anne said...

It was. Thanks Daniella!

Kay said...

HAHAHHAHA!!! tawang-tawa ako sa "Boy Abunda" moves! sayang nga eh ang dami ko pa tanong kaso bigla na naputol ung usapan. wala pa pala tau picture dalawa! :(

Anne said...

Kung pwede lang 24 hours yung event! Malay mo may round 2 pa diba. Papahuli ba naman yung interview skills mo? Don't worry magkikita pa tayo. Magready ka sa shooting natin. ;)

Emma McIlroy said...

Oh my goodness, this looks truly incredible!! You are so lucky Anne :) :)

Anne said...

It really is Emma. I wish we could do something similar and bond. ^_^

Yana Tan said...

Miss you Ate Anne! :)

Anne said...

I miss you too! I hope to see you again soon Arianna!

iEmma said...

really cool photos!! it's so cool that you've met her!:)

Emma xx
http://iemmafashion.com/

aianananalalala said...

You are soooo lucky!!! Grabe sana ako din magka chance ma meet ang idol ko. Anyway, ang layo mo pala and thank goodness cause you were able to fly from Cebu to Manila.


And don't always worry about travelling. Just always think about the amazing experience that you will gain and always be excited!! ;)


Sooo... ravenclaw ka din pala sis!! Ang amazing!! Lezz be friends! Thanks pala sa comment mo! really appreciated it!

Anne said...

super cool. :) Thanks Emma!

Bella Pummarola said...

Such a cute event! :)

http://bellapummarola.blogspot.it/

Meg Kernaghan said...

This is so very cool!
I was sent here by Emma! Was so nice to see you on her blog :) xx


meganbethkernaghan.blogpsot.com.au

Anne said...

It sure was!

Anne said...

Oh my gosh. Meg! Hi :) I've read your interview! Can we be friends too?

Anne said...

There were a lot of people who wanted to make it possible for me. Bless them. :D It was a very happy trip full of learnings, new friends and good memories... More to come hopefully.


Yup Ravenclaw din ako. You're welcome. Consider me your friend Aian.

Charu Sharma said...

Amazing pictures!! You have a wonderful blog! :)

Well
I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram,
twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blog and let me know where you
follow and I will follow back right away!! :)

Kisses
Charu
http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

Anne said...

Thanks Charu!

Sasha said...

Lucky lucky you!

Sandra said...

You met Camille Co? Wow! Just...wow!

Anne said...

The odds were in my favor. :)

Anne said...

Yup! WOW. :)

Kyle Rodriguez said...

Awww I hate you Anne for posting this. Now I miss all of you again :( Haha! I wish I could go back to that night. It was so much fun!

I'm glad you and I were able to meet (as you know, I've been reading your blog for a while now). Let me know if you're coming back in December ha? Let's go hang out. We can invite Camille too hahaha (feeling close eh 'noh?).

Miss you and everyone who attended.

x

http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

Anne said...

Thanks!

Anne said...

Thanks Laviña! Actually more on silence with matching wide eyes, big smiles, jaw dropping and camera clicking. Starstruck talaga kami pag-pasok ni Camille.

Anne said...

I love you Kyle! I miss all of you too. Yes I'm planning to go to Manila this December. Hopefully matuloy. :) I love your outfits especially yung blazer na design mo. I enjoyed the "out and about" series din. Grabe yung effort nun but I bet it was so much fun. I hope to see you again soon! *crossed fingers* And yes let's invite Camille. Hehehe.

jiyy said...

It seems a lot of fun!

g-carinoo.blogspot.com

Anne said...

It is. Thanks Jiyy!

Janine Ella Anongos said...

Oh my!!! I feel so green with envy!!! I joined but unfortunately...yeah. Hahahaha
And you're from Cebu too! Hello fellow Cebuano blogger! <3

Janine Ella Anongos said...

While I was reading this post, only one thing was running through my mind.
"Where is this? Where is this?"
Hahaha. I have a hears about this cafe but I haven't been to there yet! :(

Anne said...

I urge you to visit. It was a fun experience for me. :) We actually went there during their first week of opening. It's near GrandCon.

Anne said...

Wow. I'll give you a straight out "A" Janine! 4 comments in one day! *clap clap clap* Yeah I felt really really lucky and I'm still in cloud 9 until now. Hi Cebuano blogger! Thanks for dropping by and leaving all these lovely comments. ^_^

Janine Ella Anongos said...

Hahaha! You can give me an A+ for bookmarking your blog! Added you to my daily/weekly list! I actually become active during weekends, so expect a load of comments from me during weekends! Hahahaha. And you're welcome! Hope to meet you someday! xo

Anne said...

A+++++ and a standing ovation. Thanks Janine or you prefer Janella? Meeting you would be lovely. Most of my blogger friends are actually based in Manila and one is in NZ. It would be great to meet someone from my hometown!

Janine Ella Anongos said...

Hahahaha. I prefer anything. Go with which makes you comfy. Teehee. :) I couldn't agree more with you. I'd love to meet you soon! <3

Iya said...

Hi! Do we pay for the food alone? How 'bout the place? Or the video games?

Anne said...

Hi Iya! Yes you'll only pay for the food. All the other amenities like video games, leg massager, costumes, PS3, Wii, etc are free.

Jenny Lyn Young said...

hi i love your blog..great places and faces. these places are a must see and experience indeed.. hope to see more updates.

well mine isn't much but hope you can drop by sometime ^_^

jenwakai15.blogspot.com

Anne said...

Thank you Jenny!

Mau Sarcon said...

OMG! I envy thiiiis. D:

Anne said...

You'll have your chance Mau. ;) Believe and have faith.

Mau Sarcon said...

I just read from one of the comments! You're from Cebu!? Me too! Haha! It's nice to meet a fellow Cebuana blogger.


http://mausarcon.blogspot.com

Anne said...

You too? Yay!

Hi_D said...

What an awesome event! You are lucky to be celebrating with them.
Would you like to follow each other?

http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

Anne said...

Thanks!

Nikita Palei said...

That cafe is wonderful!! You go CAFE TIALA!! :D
Wonderful post, Anne!! :)

nikitapalei.blogost.in

Anne said...

It's a human sized doll house! Thank you Nikita!

Nikita Palei said...

Lucky you!! Meeting your Inspiration is one best thing that can ever happen to someone!!! Awesome meet and greet!! <3 :)

nikitapalei.blogspot.in

Anne said...

Indeed! Honestly you're one of the people I'd really love to meet in person Nikita. The blogging world has introduced me to loads of amazing people. You included. :)

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...