Imagine This! Doodles to Draw Out Your Life Purpose

Imagine This! Doodles to Draw Out Your Life Purpose | Anne's Scribbles and Doodles
The people closest to my heart know very well that I'm a voracious reader who has a penchant for crying over books. I also have an inclination for stories and doodling. If my blog's name isn't proof enough then I don't know what is. So here's my question for you. What was the last book that made you cry (or at least teary-eyed)? I'm sure some would scream 'The Fault in Our Stars' or 'Me Before You'. Those are absolute tearjerkers but the latest for me would have to be a non-fiction entitled "Imagine This! Doodles to Draw Out Your Life Purpose" by Migs Ramirez.

Before I had to undergo my second operation, (let's just say that I got really sick early this year) I had to decline a number of events one of which was a book launch. The publisher was kind enough to send me a copy though and I am one to never say no to a book. 

Imagine This! Doodles to Draw Out Your Life Purpose | Anne's Scribbles and Doodles
At first, I thought that "Imagine This! Doodles to Draw Out Your Life Purpose" would be an activity or coloring book but boy was I in for a surprise. Reading it transported me back to high school. I actually attended an all girls school in Cebu which up to now is one of my favorite places on Earth. I wouldn't trade it for anything else. So why the 'transportation'? Why did this piece of publication go 'floo powder' on me?

Imagine This! Doodles to Draw Out Your Life Purpose | Anne's Scribbles and Doodles
Simply put, Migs reminded me of one of my teachers who would often speak in humor to share lessons and evoke reflection. His tone was that of a friend, a teacher and a mentor who has the dexterity to speak to us millenials. This book was filled with so many stories and words to ponder that I often catch myself staring into space and just digesting what I have just read. At times, it takes me back to places and experiences and even makes me go "Oo nga!" 

Imagine This! Doodles to Draw Out Your Life Purpose | Anne's Scribbles and Doodles
One of my favorite parts was about how the game "Pac Man" was similar to the manner we all tend to live our lives. You see, the dots are experiences, the monsters are distractions, we are Pac Man and the exit is well the end. When we play the game, we don't focus on collecting all the dots. We try to avoid the monsters and finish as fast as we could. In life this translates to getting too preoccupied with the distractions aka problems that instead of experiencing and living, we dash ahead to the finish line. Later, we realize that we let life pass us by. Mind you, this was only part of the introduction and I already got hooked. Also, every chapter comes with an activity or a "doodle area" as how I like to call it where you get to write, draw and do whatever to unleash your subconscious and unlock the chains of insecurity, anger, rejection and fear that have been holding you back in life. Okay, this is the only spoiler I will ever divulge. *insert face with stuck-out tongue emoji*
Imagine This! Doodles to Draw Out Your Life Purpose | Anne's Scribbles and Doodles
From a girl who doesn't read as much non-fiction, I sure enjoyed this one that I finished it in one sitting. I may have shed a few tears (opo iyakin ako) but in a good way. This book was a whole new experience for me and I highly recommend it to everyone especially to the millenials out there. It'll surely improve the way you see life and yourself. Remember, everything is a matter of perspective.

"Imagine This! Doodles to Draw Out Your Life Purpose" is available in National Bookstore branches nationwide or you can order it online in paperback or digital format at kerygmabooks.com. To find out and read more from Migs, you can visit his website at migsramirez.com.

More Thoughts to Ponder:
Finding Forever Thrice at Chowking
Read This if You Ever Felt Like Running Away
It's Okay to be Confused
If You Happen to Love the Dark
For When You Feel Broken
A Thing or Two About Falling and Flying


*The publisher was kind enough to send me a copy of the book after having to decline the launching event due to reasons mentioned.  I was not  in any way forced to write a review, good or bad. All thoughts and opinions remain my own.*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...